Five things Jacques Cousteau and Sir David Attenborough have in common are:-
- Their long careers as explorers and naturalists – Cousteau in the oceans and Attenborough on land and water.
- Due to their intense curiosity to go further and see more of nature’s wonders, they helped advance photography and exploration techniques.
- They both featured in popular long running television series, influencing millions.
- They both became passionate environmental advocates in later life.
- Both made animated addresses at international climate conferences. Cousteau addressed the first climate conference fifty years ago in Rio de Janiero the Earth Summit, 1992 . Nearly fifty years later Attenborough addressed COP26 in November 2021 in Glasgow at the age of 95.
Continue reading “Five things Jacques Cousteau and Sir David Attenborough have in common”