Here is a list of towns, areas, or regions that have been seriously affected by floods, storms, fires, or droughts during the years 2018-2020 (and this is just three years):
- Townsville, Queensland, Australia (2019) – Severe flooding resulted from heavy rainfall, leading to the evacuation of thousands of residents. See above.
- Jakarta, Indonesia (2020) – Intense rainfall caused widespread flooding and landslides, displacing thousands of people.
- Venice, Italy (2019) – High tides and heavy rain led to historic flooding in the city, causing significant damage to infrastructure and cultural sites.
- Midwest United States (2019) – Flooding along the Missouri River and other waterways affected several states, damaging farmland and communities.
- Hurricane Dorian (2019) – Devastated parts of the Bahamas and caused significant damage in the southeastern United States and Atlantic Canada.
- Cyclone Idai (2019) – Struck Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Malawi, causing widespread destruction and loss of life.
- Typhoon Hagibis (2019) – Impacted Japan, leading to extensive flooding and landslides, particularly in the Tokyo area.
- Cyclone Fani (2019) – Hit the northeastern coast of India and Bangladesh, causing widespread damage and displacement.
- California, United States (2018-2020) – Multiple years of severe wildfires ravaged parts of California, including the Camp Fire (2018) and the August Complex Fire (2020).
- Australia Bushfires (2019-2020) – Unprecedented bushfires burned millions of acres of land, destroyed thousands of homes, and led to loss of life and extensive wildlife habitat destruction.
- Amazon Rainforest (2019) – Wildfires in the Amazon basin sparked international concern and raised alarm about deforestation and environmental impacts.
- Siberia, Russia (2019-2020) – Vast wildfires in Siberia contributed to large-scale air pollution and accelerated melting of Arctic ice.
- Cape Town, South Africa (2018) – Faced a severe water crisis known as “Day Zero” due to prolonged drought, prompting stringent water rationing measures.
- Chennai, India (2019) – Experienced an acute water shortage as a result of extended drought conditions and inadequate water management.
- Southwest United States (ongoing) – Persistent drought conditions have affected water supplies, agriculture, and ecosystems in states like California and Arizona.
- Eastern Australia (2018-2020) – A prolonged drought led to water scarcity, reduced
A summary of heatwaves from 1900 is here.